Sunday 15 March 2015

"I'm Surprised People Are So Invested in Fashion Police"-Kathy Griffin


                                        Kathy Griffin and late Joan Rivers.

Kathy Griffin confirmed her exit from the late Joan Rivers' former show on Thursday. To explain the news, she posted a lengthy Instagram message, writing, "I thought that I could bring my brand of humor to Fashion Police so that beautiful people in beautiful dresses could be teased when appropriate…There is plenty to make fun of in pop culture without bringing people's bodies into it…But I do not want to use my comedy to contribute to a culture of unattainable perfectionism and intolerance towards difference."

Griffin quit shortly after co-host Kelly Osbourne left the show. The violet-haired Brit decided to leave after some racially insensitive comments were made by Giuliana Rancic surrounding Zendaya's Oscars hairstyle. 

Kathy Griffin made this shocking announcement after hosting the show for just seven episodes. And this is what she said afterwards
"It just didn't work out," she said at stand-up comedy show Friday in Connecticut . "I'm surprised that people are so invested in this show. But I shouldn't be because Joan [Rivers] was so incredible and amazing, and it just wasn't the right thing for me.

0 comments: