Sunday 29 March 2015

INEC Officials, hurd Ballot Papers In Lagos

Naij.com correspondent who monitored the elections in the area noticed that although accreditation went well in the area however trouble started when more than 1000 registered  persons at the Ward 9 Unit 002 and 005 at the Oke-Meta Memorial School in Shomolu could not  cast their votes.
report says that eligible accredited electorates expressed anger over the absence of INEC officials  at about 4.30pm. INEC officials were not seen at the school and their polling booth,  boxes and other materials were abandoned in the school.
Angry electorates who spoke with our correspondent alleged sabotage  by INEC officials. An electorate ,Edikan Udosen is quoted
“I came to the polling Unit about 10pm and I got accredited about thirty minutes later. I came back around 1.30pm and I was expecting to cast my vote. But I was informed that the INEC supervisor , a woman went away with the ballot papers and she did not come back . I have been waiting here endlessly . I learnt that she said the ballot papers she brought were not for us but for Pedro area. Some electorates volunteered to take her to INEC office at Yaba but after two houirs of waiting, the electorates that went with her came back but she did not come back. Trouble started when the NYSC members refused to use the ballot papers. People became angry and they almost lynched the corp members but policemen including SARS officials came and took the corp members and the ballot papers away. I waited till 6pm and I did not vote. I have been disenfranchised. I want INEC to conduct another election in our polling booths so we can cast our votes.”

0 comments: